Mark joined Greenwoods in 2007 and became a partner in 2009. He was admitted as a solicitor in 1989 and has worked for two City practices previously. Mark has worked continuously for the insurance sector, specialising in property and commercial claims involving fraud and related policy coverage issues. He has extensive experience of high value and complex claims involving arson, staged theft and other deliberate or exaggerated damage. Mark also regularly advises insurers preparing responses to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
In addition to “first party” fraud, Mark also acts for insurers and other commercial clients the victims of employee or supplier fraud. He has considerable experience of freezing injunctions and pursuing recoveries in such cases.
Mark has had involvement with the Insurance Fraud Investigators Group, the Arson Prevention Bureau and Fraud Advisory Panel.
- Bate v Aviva Insurance  EWHC 1687 (Comm)
- Yeates v Aviva Insurance  EWCA Civ 634
- Aviva Insurance v Brown  EWHC 362 (QBD)
- Aviva Insurance v Joyce (2011)
- Joseph Fielding Properties (Blackpool) Ltd v Aviva Insurance  EWHC 2192 (QBD)
- Direct Line Insurance v Khan  EWCA Civ 1794,  Lloyd’s Rep IR 364